The chronicle of Mike Skocko's FSO experience. Classroom site: Mac Lab Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

BP8_Instapaper

I have thousands of bookmarks. Some I've carefully exported and preserved, safe in archived folders, backed up on multiple hard drives, and seldom, if ever, accessed as the years drift by. Most of the others, as you can see to the left, are gathering virtual dust in nested folders in my browser's bookmark bar.

Oh sure, I've tried Delicious and Diigo, both with some success but neither was as fun, simple, and effortless as I'd hoped. My bookmarking addiction probably falls under the category of hoarding and though I've yet to find the perfect long-term solution, I've recently discovered the best one-two punch for knocking out the short-term bookmark blues.

I've detailed Evernote here and here but Instapaper is the perfect cure for the must-read later but how will I remember blues. Well, the seemingly perfect cure.

I could write about this but let's face it, a video is worth a thousand (or more) words. Here's Instapaper in action:



Note: The idea voiced in the video (to add Instapaper to my morning bookmarks) was news to me. The words slipped out and a part of me got to experience the jaw-drop of witnessing a brilliantly simple and obvious idea surfacing, seemingly of its own accord. I offer the following screenshot as a peek into what I'll see when opening that first set of bookmarks in tabs tomorrow morning.

Had I not chosen to make that video, I might have never discovered such an obviously useful method of reviewing the prior day's bookmarks. Like I said, brilliant! (In a totally subconscious sort of way.)

Once again, another golden idea gleaned from my journey through the EMDT program at FSO.

Thanks!

A higher-quality version of the video may be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment